Toothless was very nearly a quadruple amputee. The first leg I tried to do ended in disaster in the first six attempts. The next four were better, but not right. By the time I started on the 11th attempt, I was either going to get it right, or he was going to be permanently legless. This time I got it right, and had considerably less trouble with the other three legs.
The wings, I can now see, are waaaaaaayyyyyyy off! I didn’t think they were until I perched him to take a picture with his legs, and now it’s obvious! And I can’t even fix it, because I can’t distinguish between the crochet stitches and the sewing stitches! Oh, well, there are still three more to make; I’ll get them better next time. What’s left on this one are the eyes, ears, horns, and back ridges. Really, not much. For a first try, I’m still proud of him! I actually expected to do much worse. Honestly, I didn’t expect to get this close to completion at all. I thought I would get bored and quit. Guess my love of dragons won out!