My friend saw the sock loom at a guild meeting the other night. She thought it was cute, but said it didn’t knit as tightly as you could with regular needles. Knowing that’s most likely true, I started another pair on knitting needles.
This project is not going so well.
It did for a little while. I had about six or seven rows done, which means a couple hours worth of work for me, as I’m pretty slow. It looked great, until I noticed the big, gaping hole where I had somehow lost a stitch or two. Way back, I might add, around row one. And I’m not good at taking stitches out without losing them altogether, so I unravelled the entire thing and started over.
This, too, is not going well.
I haven’t gotten past row two since starting over. I worked on this for six hours last night. Somehow I either drop stitches or add them, and don’t have a clue how I’m doing it!
I walked away from it last night before I could lose my temper and go all Tazmanian Devil on the yarn. It’s a very pretty yarn! I’m going to try again, because I refuse to be defeated by a stupid piece of string and a pair of needles!